Pegasus World Cup 2020 OddsRead this article
Latest Belmont Stakes Odds & Picks 2019
The 2019 Triple Crown racing season draws to a close this Saturday, June 8 with the running of the Belmont Stakes. It what has been a wacky Triple Crown, only War Of Will comes in having run all three races, and he'll be trying to build off his win in the Preakness Stakes by grabbing up the third jewel of the crown at Belmont Park.
Although final entries and post-position for the Belmont Stakes won’t be drawn until Tuesday night, the race is expected to draw 10 starters. They’ll be going 1 1/2 miles on the Belmont Park dirt, running for a total purse of $1.5 million.
Belmont Stakes latest odds are the following:
- Tacitus +175
- War of Will +200
- Owendale +700
The race can be seen live on the NBC network beginning at 5:00 PM Eastern, with an expected post time of 6:30 PM.
Here’s a look at the probable starters, with Belmont odds provided by Bovada’s online racebook.
2019 Belmont Stakes Contenders
- Tacitus (+175): Third in the Kentucky Derby, he went into that race off of three straight wins, including a solid effort in the (G2) Wood Memorial where he made a strong sweeping move off the turn to run down the lead. That’s his preferred style, but he might need to be a bit closer to the pace here.
- War Of Will (+250): If not for the traffic trouble in the Derby, he could be going for the Triple Crown title. There’s nothing to knock about his Preakness win, but he’s done a lot of racing in the past couple months and fatigue and the distance could catch up to him here.
- Master Fencer (+700): Japan-bred made his US debut in the Derby and it seemed to take him half the race to realize where he was, and then came roaring late to get up for sixth. That kind of late closing sometimes gets the job done at Belmont. But only sometimes.
2019 Belmont Stakes Long Shots
- Intrepid Heart (+1000): A half-brother to Tacitus, whose sire Tapit has produced three of the past five Belmont winners. He’s by far the most lightly raced colt in the field with ony three previous starts, and comes in off a third-place finish in the (G3) Peter Pan Stakes.
- Tax (+1200): Winner of the (G3) Withers Stakes back in February, he then ran second to Tacitus in the Wood. A non-factor in the Derby, he is a colt with some talent and could bounce back to grab a piece after a layoff.
- Sir Winston (+1600): Second in the Peter Pan, he’s also the second entry here for trainer Mark Casse, who also has War Of Will. He has yet to win at the graded-stakes level but looks to be a horse on the upswing.
2019 Belmont Stakes Pretenders and their current odds
- Everfast (+800): His second-place finish in the Preakness has gained him a lot of fans, but he is 0-for-10 since his debut win. Just like you toss bad efforts from horses in handicapping, his good result in the Preakness also seems like a toss.
- Bourbon War (+1000): Had a lot of hype going into the Preakness, had the perfect pace setup and then proved to be a non-factor. He seems to be going backwards since a runner-up finish in the (G2) Fountain of Youth Stakes in early March.
- Spinoff (+1200): Fluked his way into a (G1) Louisiana Derby runner-up finish when War Of Will was taken out of the race early and then came crashing back to earth when running 18th in Kentucky. Biggest win was at the allowance level at Tampa Bay Downs.
- Joevia (+2500): Could get out and set the early pace and try to steal it, and while he’s had success in lower level stakes, the only time he tried this level of competition he basically stopped in his tracks at the top of the stretch.
2019 Belmont Stakes Picks
It has been a crazy year that saw the first ever on-track disqualification in the Kentucky Derby, and the first time in decades that the top, and the first time in decades the top four finishers didn’t go on to run in the Preakness. There will be some interesting races coming up this spring and summer as big names like Maximum Security, Omaha Beach and Derby winner Country House get back to the track.
With that being the case, it seems like a good time to take a shot in a field that isn’t the strongest we’ve ever seen in the Belmont and try to get an upset at a bit of a price.
It seems like both Intrepid Heart and Sir Winston have the most upside going into the race, while Tacitus should also be there at the end and War Of Will’s class will at least get him a piece of the money. We’ll take the Tapit colts on top and expected to get big odds for the win, with the two Casse colts underneath.
- Intrepid Heart
- Sir Winston
- War Of Will
Belmont Stakes Betting Odds
Make your picks for the Belmont and get in a future bet now with Belmont Stakes latest odds or wait to see how things shape up on race day with an account in one of these top rated online racebooks.
|#1||$250||$250 Free Bet on Props + Head-to-Heads||REVIEW||PLAY NOW|
|#2||$1000||50% up to $1,000 + $25 Risk Free Bet + 7% Rebates||REVIEW||PLAY NOW|
|#3||13%||Up to 13% Weekly Loyalty Rewards||REVIEW||PLAY NOW|
|#4||20%||20% Referral Bonus, up to $200||PLAY NOW|
|#5||$100||$100 Free Bet on Props + Head-to-Heads!||PLAY NOW|
|#6||9%||9% Daily Cash Rebates on Exotics||PLAY NOW|
|#7||$1000||100% Sign Up Bonus - Up to $1,000||REVIEW||PLAY NOW|
|View moreView less|
The fourth annual 2020 Pegasus World Cup will be held on Saturday, January 25, 2020, at Gulfstream Park in Hallandale Beach, Florida. We have complete coverage including odds to win and best bet recommendations.